Welcome to the first episode in my new podcast series titled “Online Marketing For Schools”. In this video I give you my top 5 tips on what you should be thinking about when it comes to your online marketing campaign and your school website.
- Think about what action you want visitors to take when they land on your school website. This could be primarily to enrol their students or at least input their name and email address so you have an opportunity to connect with them in the future.
- Who are you targeting? Identify the different audiences that your website will attract or serve. This could be parents looking for a school for their children, current students, alumni, and parents of the current students to name a few.
- Plan out a specific action step for each target audience. What do you want them to do when they reach your home page? Make it easy for them to find what they are looking for and also reach an end goal you have designed for them. This could involve a number of different pages they click through or something as simple as clicking a button to RSVP for an upcoming event.
- Do you know how long visitors stay on your pages? Is your content engaging enough for them to read through the whole page or click through all your action steps. Social media is also a hot point when it comes to engaging your audiences because it is so effective. A lot of schools are finally jumping on this bandwagon and seeing excellent results.
- To improve upon anything you must track current results right? Try Google Analytics if you are not using it already. It’s free and gives you a nice graphical view of how many visitors are coming to your website, which pages they are viewing, and we can also setup advanced funnel tracking to improve conversions and identify weak spots in your action sequences.
Thanks for checking out this website and video series. My aim for this podcast series is to give you great information and be able to connect with you on a regular basis through online video.
I have lots of techniques and strategies I can share with you. Please leave me your feedback below, and your questions or suggestions on what you would like me to talk about in future episodes?
Latest posts by Mike Leembruggen (see all)
- Quickly Find Out Who’s Talking About Your School Online - July 8, 2016
- The 3 Keys To A Successful School Marketing Campaign - July 6, 2016
- Which ad sizes work best for online ads? - January 13, 2016