With a plethora of landing pages available on the internet, it is important to have the perfect landing page for your school website so that you can increase conversions and boost response. It is important to understand here that a landing page is different from your home page. The home page will tell all about your school, facilities, location, academics and so on. On the other hand, a landing page is focused on just one aspect of your school. You may be looking for admissions or inviting people to the reunion. What you should be aiming for is that people take action after visiting your landing page. A step by step guide is given here to help you make that perfect landing page for your private school website.
1. Know what you want. Is it more registrations, more traffic or more donations? You need to be clear about what you are looking for. Only then will you be able to achieve what you are looking for. Now if you are looking for more admissions, you need to tell people all about the unique things your school has to offer. The links have to be placed strategically. There will have to be a prominent button for those who wish to pursue admission. You need to know what to place on the landing page that would prompt people to take action.
2. Make it attractive. This can be done through bright colours, varying styles and so on. This would also help your call to action button to stand out and be easily accessible to all.
3. Have a lot of white space. People do not like to read. A photo is always worth a thousand words. Hence you need to add relevant photos and images to the landing page of your school website. Have less words but convey more. Thus you need to choose the words carefully so that visitors are prompted to take action immediately. Include white space so that the landing page looks interesting enough.
4. Avoid too many links. You need to be clear about the goal of the landing page on your school website. There is no point in having too many links that will take the visitor away from your site. You would be wasting all your effort this way. Keep the visitor focused and prompt them to take action.
5. Add testimonials. There is nothing more effective than word of mouth publicity. People get propelled into action once they hear the views of other people, especially users. Add positive views of other people and make it as natural as possible.
6. Improve, improve. No matter what you do, there is always scope for improvement. Hence make multiple copies of the landing page for your school website. Check these out yourself. Or else, you can show it to your friends and colleagues. Take their opinion. Take the best features of each and try to make the best landing page that will be effective and be able to meet all your specific needs.
Here are some examples of various landing pages. Very minimal in design but highly effective:
This version below includes a full screen video as the background and is targeted at the general school community:
These templates are included with EDUconnected. If your school hasn’t joined yet, take a look at what the EDUconnected school marketing platform can do for you.